Operations Engineer | Elicio Belgium
Elicio is currently looking to recruit an Operations Engineer to strengthen its Operations team in our headquarters in Belgium.
The Operations Engineer is responsible for the operational Elicio wind turbines in Belgium starting at the takeover of the project (at TOC, after the construction activities) and during the entire lifetime of the wind farm. He strives for zero LTI’s (lost time incidents), maximizes profits over the lifetime of the project and optimizes the O&M activities to get best availabilities in high revenue periods.
The Operations Engineer supervises and monitors the operational performances of the wind farms.
Technical oriented education
(Electro technical / Electromechanical / renewable energy)
Preference: Bachelor’s degree with min 5 yrs. experience
- Technical competence with various software programs, such as SCADA and MS Office is required
- BA4/BA5 and switching on high voltage (nice to have)
- First aid training (nice to have)
- Working at heights, rescue training (nice to have)
- Sufficient management skills in an operational environment
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of safety awareness
- Willing to travel abroad regularly
- Comfortable working at heights and the respective physical challenges this brings
- Careful planning to achieve accurate and timely results
- Reacts to incidents and/or failures of the wind farms promptly and efficiently according to Elicio’s procedures
- Interested in renewable energy and electricity generation
- High competence and interest in IT, Software and networking
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and contractors
- Ability to work under pressure within tight timelines
- The ability to quickly learn and understand in detail working of new technologies and existing machinery
- Native language Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Notion of French
- Control and supervise the performances of the operational wind farms of the Elicio-portfolio, including:
- Control & monitor the operational assets via dispatching;
- Monitor, control and supervise all maintenance activities of our contractors (such as scheduled, unscheduled and corrective maintenance);
- Optimize availability and energy yield of our Wind facilities;
- Organize local interventions (on site) if required in case of icing, telecommunication problems, HV-failures, reset of WTG's, etc.;
- Monitor, control and supervise environmental issues such as noise, shadow, icing etc.
- Monitor and control periodic inspections with notified bodies;
- Prepare executive operational reports of the operational wind farms including production data, availability, revenues, YTD versus budgets,
- The ability to perform technical audits of Elicio’s assets;
- Establish and maintain an excellent knowledge of the energy yield assessment technology market, trends and developments that may affect the projects or measurement campaigns;
- SCADA IT configuration: support/set up of the Scada access and the Elicio’s monitoring software;
- Monitoring software: support the design, follow-up and overall configuration.
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the vacancy ‘Operations Engineer’.