The junior accountant, in first instance, will be responsible for assisting the senior accountants with the bookkeeping of the Belgian legal entities of the Elicio group and will provide general support to the finance team. The bookkeeping function comprises the carrying out of most of the standardised administrative accounting tasks in order to maintain the accounting records in compliance with the applicable accounting regulation and the reporting/valuation rules and internal control procedures set by Management and by the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will be supported by a small team of experienced accountants and the function is to be considered as an ideal step-in for any young graduate to put academic knowledge into business practice and to obtain continuous professional development, with a view to take full ownership over the bookkeeping of a selected portfolio of Belgian legal entities.
The accountant shall have as a minimum a Degree as accountant, there is no direct work experience required.
Key Competences and skills
- Diligent attitude
- Highly accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Preference to working both in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Resilient to stress in front of the reporting deadlines
- Willingness to maintain continuous professional development
- Fluent in Dutch
- Understanding of French and English is appreciated
- Assist in timely recording incoming invoices within the correct analytical accounting dimensions
- Assisting in timely issuance of outgoing invoices after verification of the achievement of revenue recognition milestones
- Assist in properly recording of capital expenditures and applying the depreciation rules on the different category of assets
- Assist in preparing periodic VAT applications.
- Assist in preparation & execution of payment proposals.
- Assist in monthly/quarterly/yearly closing cycles
- Support the yearly annual account preparation with a senior accountant
- Provide info to senior accountant(s) in case of tax inspections
- Prepare information for audit purposes
- Maintain bank financing repayment tables
- Prepare monthly reporting information
- Interact with audit managers during audit process
- Support ad-hoc projects
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the vacancy ‘Junior Accountant’.