Elicio, part of the Nethys group, is a major Belgian renewable energy company. Elicio is mainly focused on the development, engineering, construction and operation of wind energy power plants. It currently has 106 operational wind turbines in Belgium, France and Serbia. 2 wind farms are under development in Kenya and Serbia.
Elicio is also active in the offshore wind industry as a partner and developer in four concessions in Belgian territorial waters (being Norther, Rentel, Seastar and Mermaid).
The Legal Counsel shall, under the supervision of the Director Legal Affairs, advise on different legal matters of the legal entities of the Elicio Group and of its projects under development, construction or operation.
The Legal Counsel shall, together with other team members mainly focus on project development related legal support but good knowledge of Belgian and/or international corporate law to give support to the corporate legal housekeeping would be an advantage.
- Master’s Degree in law
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in contracting legal work in an environment of development and construction of power plant or construction projects. Additional experience in corporate law would be highly appreciated.
- Diligent attitude
- Highly accurate
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Flexible and ‘down to earth’ attitude
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Resilient to stress in front of deadlines
- Willingness to maintain continuous professional development
- Have in-depth knowledge of international construction contracts and standard forms (e.g. FIDIC)
- Have knowledge of project finance contracts and conditions
- Maintain up to date knowledge on legal matters (corporate & contractual)
- Native language Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French
- Negotiate, evaluate and draft actively large supply contracts and other project related documentation (such contracts include amongst others FIDIC contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, ITT’s, EPC-contracts, shares/assets purchase agreements, services agreements, power purchase agreements, grid connection agreements, land lease agreements, cooperation/joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements etc.
- Follow up on contract management issues during construction and operation of the Elicio projects
- Follow up on claims and disputes of the Elicio Group companies
- Knowledge of corporate legal housekeeping and interest for corporate law creates an advantage
- Review legal aspects of LMA financing documentation and security documentation
- Review legal aspects in the framework of acquisitions/divestments and in related due diligence process
- Interact with the different divisions of the Elicio Group companies and Nethys Group
- Cooperate with outside legal advisors’ services and notaries
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the vacancy ‘Legal Counsel’.