Senior Operations Manager
Elicio is a dynamic international producer of green energy, and uses one of earth’s most abundant and inexhaustible resources to generate: wind. Our vision is to strive for a more sustainable future by developing and generating clean, green energy. We act on our beliefs and are looking for people that share them.
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for the operational on-shore wind farms in Belgium, France & Serbia, starting at the takeover of the project (at TOC, after the construction activities) and during the entire lifetime of the wind farm.
He/she strives for zero LTI’s (lost time incidents), maximizes profits over the lifetime of the project and optimizes the O&M activities to get best availabilities in high revenue periods.
The Senior Operations Manager is supervising and monitoring the operational performances of the wind farms, is guarding all HSE-aspects and secures proper and relevant information (via reporting) to his colleagues and the Operational Director.
The final responsibilities will depend on the level of experience of the successful candidate.
- Member of department: Operations Wind
- Reporting to: Director of Operations
- Function level: part of Operations team
- Technical oriented education (preferably Electro technical / Electro mechanical / renewable energy)
- Type: Bachelor or Master Degree with min 8 yrs experience
- Master Degree Industrial Engineer Electro-mechanics is an added value
- Demonstrable experience in managing of operational assets;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the fields of construction, oil and gas, O&M, or process management;
- Technical competence with various software programs, such as SCADA, and Wind PRO is required.
- At least 8 years’ overall professional experience;
It would be a plus if you:
- Have experience in the wind industry energy industry;
- Have 10+ years of working experience;
- Are knowledgeable about onshore wind energy technology;
- Are knowledgeable about offshore wind energy technology;
- Have a team leading background.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Control and supervise the performances of the operational wind farms of the Elicio-portfolio, including:
- Control & monitor the operational assets via dispatching;
- Monitor, control and supervise all maintenance activities of our contractors (such as scheduled, unscheduled and corrective maintenance);
- Optimize availability and energy yield of our Wind facilities;
- Monitor and control all HSE-requirements:
- Monitor, control and supervise environmental issues such as noise, shadow, icing etc.
- Monitor and control periodic inspections with notified bodies on electrical low voltage and high voltage installations, mechanical tools (elevator, hoist, ladder), personal protective equipment, Green label (GSC)
- Organize fire drills; preparation of emergency plan; meetings with local authorities, succession in case of incidents;
- Set up and implementation of ice detection procedures;
- Monitor and control periodic inspections with notified bodies;
- Monitor, control and supervise all maintenance activities of our contractors (O&M contract of turbines & electrical equipment, land lease agreements, “green” maintenance, etc).
- Organize local interventions (on site) if required in case of icing, telecommunication problems, HV-failures, reset of WTG's, etc.;
- Prepare executive operational reports of the operational wind farms including production data, availability, revenues, YTD versus budgets, …;
- Monitoring & managing of the operational budget of the wind farms (control on revenues & expenditures)
- Understanding of the Service Level Agreement (O&M contract with turbine supplier), with monitoring of the main KPI’s (availability, production, power curve, etc)
- Technical file management for insurances in case of claims
- The ability to perform technical audits of Elicio’s assets;
- Establish and maintain an excellent knowledge of the energy yield assessment technology market, trends and developments that may affect the projects or measurement campaigns;
- SCADA IT configuration: support/set up of the Scada access and the Elicio’s monitoring software;
- Directing & supervising the Operations assistant Belgium in his daily activities
- Advises and report to the Director of Operations on all general Operational issues
- Carefully guard and control the budget via SCADA and Business intelligence (BI / Source One),
Key Competences and skills
- Sufficient management skills in an operational environment;
- Team player, willingness to assist and train colleagues
- Confident and self-driven, keen to initiate own work
- Ability to identify potential areas of improvement
- Excellent communication skills;
- High level of safety awareness;
- Willing to travel abroad regularly;
- Comfortable working at heights and the respective physical challenges this brings;
- Careful planning to achieve accurate and timely results;
- Interested in renewable energy and electricity generation
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the vacancy ‘Senior Operations Manager'