Junior Electrical Manager (Elicio Belgium)
In support of its continued growth, Elicio is looking to recruit a Junior Electrical Manager to strengthen its Engineering & Constructions team.
You will join a small company of about 70 people with a flat structure, a unique working atmosphere and a no-nonsense mentality. You will report directly to the Senior Electrical Manager and/or the Director Engineering & Constructions.
The Junior Electrical Manager, under the supervision of the Senior Electrical Manager, will provide technical support for the “electrical” aspects of our Onshore wind turbine projects in Belgium and abroad from the design and engineering phase, during the contracting and construction phase until project delivery and transfer to the Operations Department.
You will also be consulted for solving “electrical” problems during the operational life cycle of the projects.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree “Electromechanics” or “Electricity”
- Min. 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in an industrial environment
- Additional knowledge of electrical installations (low and high voltage, standards, AREI) is a must
- Expert in Office, Autocad and GIS
- Knowledge of Etap, Digsilent or similar calculation programs are an asset
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES DURING DEVELOPMENT PHASE
Assisting the project manager during the development phase of the project, specifically with respect to the electrical aspects of a project “under development”, including:
- Co-determining the infield cable route between the wind turbines and the MS cabin (in the project zone)
- The drawing up of the electrical concept in relation to the grid connection conditions
- Calculation of the electrical installation
- Designing the typical electrical schematics and interface documents
Participating in the setting up of planning & scheduling of the required activities and integrating them in the overall project planning
Prepare specifications of the installations and works to be performed for price requests
Reviewing the submitted bids and selecting the bidders with whom to conduct the commercial/financial negotiations
Build and maintain an excellent knowledge of the market, trends and developments that may affect the project
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES DURING CONTRUCTION PHASE
- Following up on electrical work at the project site monitoring timing, quality of work and budget.
- Participating in project meetings monitoring project progress and coordination with other contractors
- Testing and start-up of the electrical installation
- Making an active contribution to the general safety on the site
- Providing input into the development phase of the project for:
- The drafting of the electrical concept
- The price calculation and choice of materials according to the wind turbine specifications, permit restrictions and implantation schedules
- He/she provides the documentation and information for the Operations department after completion
Finally, he/she is also consulted for solving “electrical” problems during the operational life cycle of the projects.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, “down to earth” environment;
- Diligent, proactive and solution-oriented attitude;
- Highly accurate and organized, yet flexible;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Stress resistant (in the context of deadlines);
- Willingness to continually develop professional skills and maintain up-to-date knowledge of electrical matters;
- Able to manage contractors and subcontractors, including commercial and technical aspects, planning and coordination of activities.
- Experience in identifying, managing and mitigating risks.
- Understanding of and experience with HSE requirements and obligations under country regulations.
- Languages: native Dutch, fluent in English, good base of French
Elicio nv offers you a dynamic and professional environment which encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
You will be working in a young inspiring team offering a unique working atmosphere. Convince us of your experience and motivation by sending a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.