Country Manager France
Elicio, part of the Nethys group, is a major Belgian renewable energy company. Elicio is mainly focused on the development, engineering, construction and operation of wind energy power plants. The group currently has 136 onshore wind turbines operational or under construction across Belgium, France and Serbia and holds an important development pipeline in the aforementioned countries and Kenya. Moreover, Elicio is an important player in the offshore wind industry as a partner and developer in concessions in the Belgian territorial waters (ie. Norther, Rentel, Seamade).
The Country Manager will have operational responsibilities regarding Business development, Engineering, Constructions, Operations, Finance, Legal and HR:
◦ Creates the tools to represent the company in a successful manner in the country.
◦ Masters the legal framework of renewable energy development and generation, with focus on the understanding and influencing of this framework, including the incentive mechanisms.
◦ Builds a strong network over time and is able to negotiate with key stakeholders, such as: local government officials and authorities, sector organizations, contractors, landowners, …
◦ Represents Elicio France at conferences and information sessions of the sector, representation committees (SER, FEE, etc).
◦ Identification of opportunities and threats.
◦ Is responsible for identifying opportunities and to develop a short and middle-long term business plan to reach the organizational strategy.
◦ Search for opportunities in order to build a pipeline of new projects and checks their technical and financial feasibility.
◦ Presents profitable business cases to the Management at HQ.
◦ Successfully develops projects with his team.
◦ Follows up licences & permits (environmental permits, construction permits...).
◦ Reports once a month on the status of the business development actions.
◦ Steering and motivating of the local team.
◦ Follow-up on implementation of new law/decrees of the Country.
◦ Responsible for reaching the long-term targets set by the Management.
◦ Reports monthly to the Business Development Director.
Engineering and Construction:
◦ Responsible for the supervision of the timely communication between the project manager and E&C in HQ to:
▪ check the technical feasibility of the project
▪ define the optimal configuration of the project before and during tender procedure, the permit procedure and the EIA procedure;
▪ to monitor and steer the request for grid connection and the subsequent procedure;
◦ Safeguard the good relation between the Construction team (on site) and the local stakeholders during the construction of a Project;
◦ Safeguard/monitor the budget of all operational SPV’s, in line with the guidelines of the HQ operational department.
◦ Safeguard the good relation with the local stakeholders during the Operational phase of a Project.
◦ Responsible for the implementation of all environmental & HSE aspects of the specific country, in line with the guidelines of the Operations department in HQ.
◦ Be up to date with new legal local regulations and responsible to inform his team.
◦ Monitor & support HQ (if necessary) in case of HSE/Environmental issues.
◦ Responsible for the country budget, in line with the guidelines of the HQ financial department.
◦ Facilitate cooperation of the HQ financial department with local financial advisors.
◦ Responsible for the implementation of all legal aspects of the specific country, in line with the guidelines of the legal department in HQ.
◦ Responsible for contact and cooperation with local legal advisors, under supervision of the legal department in HQ.
◦ As a people manager, follows up the status of the team with regards to prospection, feasibility studies, right partnerships…
◦ Coaches and stimulates the team to reach the targets.
◦ Checks if all local legislations concerning the personnel are followed and informs HR in HQ if actions need to be taken.
- Works closely together with all departments in HQ and applies all Elicio’s policies.
- The country manager represents Elicio and therefore applies and stands for the company values.
The Country Manager shall have a master’s degree with a technical and/or economical background and 5 years’ experience in a Business Development function, or equivalent by experience.
- Has experience in project management.
- Has experience with networking and with communication towards communities, governments and authorities.
- Has knowledge of permit and EIA procedures.
- Has experience with LLA’s, contract management and financial management.
- Has team management experience with HRM skills.
Strong people manager that can coach and inspire his team
- Target driven and perseverance
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with finance (bookkeeping) and HR (hiring and payroll)
- Strong networker; knows the region and the local way of working
- Knowledge of project finance
- Team player and bridge builder
- Professional proficiency in French and English
Ponuda radnih mesta
Elicio offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to our HR department: email@example.com with reference to the vacancy ‘Country Manager France’.