Operations Engineer – Data Analyst | Elicio nv: Belgium Headquarters
Elicio, part of the Nethys group, is a major Belgian renewable energy company. Elicio is mainly focused on the development, engineering, construction and operation of wind energy power plants. The group currently has 236 wind turbines operational or under construction across Belgium, France and Serbia, and holds an important development pipeline in the aforementioned countries and Kenya. Moreover, Elicio is an important player in the offshore wind industry as a partner and developer in 3 concessions in the Belgian territorial waters (ie. Norther, Rentel, Seamade).
Elicio is currently looking to recruit an Operations Engineer – Data Analyst to strengthen its On-shore Operations team.
The Operations Engineer – Data Analyst is responsible for some of the on-shore operational Elicio-wind farms starting at the takeover of the project (at TOC, after the construction activities) and during the entire lifetime of the wind farm. He/she strives for zero LTI’s (lost time incidents), maximizes profits over the lifetime of the project and optimizes the O&M activities to get best availabilities in high revenue periods (wintertime).
The Operations Engineer – Data Analyst will supervise and monitor the operational performances of the wind farms. He/she will guard all HSE-aspects and secures proper and relevant information (via reporting) to his manager/Operational Director.
In particular, the Operations Engineer – Data Analyst is responsible for the roll-out of a new monitoring and reporting tool for the Elicio operational on-shore assets. He/she will optimize and standardize the current network structure of the various wind farms.
His/her main task and expertise will be the daily analysis of the data produced by our wind assets in Belgium and abroad.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain a new monitoring & reporting tool for the Elicio operational onshore assets.
- Optimization and standardization of the current network structure of the various wind farms.
- Control and supervise the performances of the operational wind farms of the Elicio-portfolio, including:
) Control & monitor the operational assets via dispatching (with a 24h/24h stand-by rotation system);
) Strive for zero LTI’s (lost time incidents), maximizes profits over the lifetime of the project and optimizes the O&M activities to get best availabilities in high revenue periods (wintertime).
- Prepare executive operational reports of the operational wind farms including production data, availability, revenues, budgets, …;
- Development of analysis tools and methodologies based on assessment of operating wind farms;
- Optimize availability and energy yield of our wind facilities;
- Carefully guard and control the budget via SCADA and Business intelligence (BI / Source One);
- Anticipate and learn from errors or performances failures that have occurred in other wind farms
- Monitor and control all HSE-requirements & environmental issues such as noise, shadow, icing, ...;
- Organize local interventions (on site) if required in case of icing, telecommunication problems, HV-failures, reset of WTG's, etc.
- Technical oriented education
(Electro technical / Electro mechanical / renewable energy)
Type: Bachelor’s degree with min 3 yrs. experience / Master’s degree Industrial Engineer
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel abroad regularly
- Technical competence with various software programs, such as SCADA, MS Office and Wind PRO is required
- BA4/BA5 and switching on high voltage is recommended
- First aid training (EHBO-training) is an advantage
Native language: Dutch
Fluent in English
Good knowledge of French
- Very strong affinity with IP network technology
- Person with an analytical mind and passionate by problem solving via data analysis
- Interested in IT, Software & applications
- Pragmatic person who works result driven, highly analytical and entrepreneurial
- Sufficient management skills in an operational environment
- Sense for structure and procedures
- Dynamic person who likes working by a proactive manner
- Resistant to stress
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Safety -and environmental minded
- Willing to follow up necessary trainings in this context
- Understanding and experience with HSE requirements and obligations under the country regulations
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Disciplined execution skills and keen eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and social intelligence
- Interested in renewable energy and electricity generation
- Fit and in good shape “to climb” the wind turbines and able to maintain them
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the vacancy ‘Operations Engineer – Data Analyst’.