Legal Counsel | Belgium Headquarters
Elicio, part of the Nethys group, is a major Belgian renewable energy company. Elicio is mainly focused on the development, engineering, construction and operation of wind energy power plants. The group currently has 236 wind turbines operational or under construction across Belgium, France and Serbia, and holds an important development pipeline in the aforementioned countries and Kenya. Moreover, Elicio is an important player in the offshore wind industry as a partner and developer in 3 concessions in the Belgian territorial waters (ie. Norther, Rentel, Seamade).
Elicio is currently looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to strengthen its Legal department in our headquarters in Belgium.
The Legal Counsel shall, under the supervision of the Director Legal Affairs, in the dynamic environment of development of renewable energy projects, advise on different legal matters of the legal entities of the Elicio Group and of its projects under development, construction or operation.
The Legal Counsel shall, together with other team members mainly focus on corporate law related legal support but good knowledge of Belgian, French and/or other international contract law offers a head start and can broaden the scope of work to M&A transactions and different commercial contracts.
The Legal Counsel will be working in a young inspiring team offering a unique working atmosphere.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Draft corporate documentation for the approx. 40 Elicio companies and coordinate the corporate housekeeping administration
- Negotiate and draft different types of commercial contracts (such as shares/assets purchase agreements, services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, cooperation/joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, intra group agreements, etc.)
- Advise on legal aspects of loan documentation and security documents
- Advise on legal aspects of acquisitions, mergers, investments and divestments and coordination of due diligence procedures
- Cooperate with the different divisions of the Elicio Group
- Cooperate with external advisors (such as lawyers, notaries, auditors, etc.)
- Master Degree in law
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in corporate legal work, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Additional experience in contract law would be highly appreciated.
- Fluent in Dutch
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Diligent, proactive, and solution-oriented attitude
- Highly accurate and organized, yet flexible
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, ‘down to earth’ environment
- Resilient to stress in front of deadlines
- Willingness to continuously develop professional skills and to maintain up to date knowledge on legal matters (corporate & contractual)
- Have in-depth knowledge of (Belgian) corporate law
Elicio NV offers you a dynamic and professional environment that encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
Convince us of your skills and your competitiveness by sending us a letter of application with your CV to email@example.com with reference to the vacancy ‘Legal Counsel’.