Senior Electrical Manager (Elicio Belgium)
In support of its continued growth, Elicio is looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Manager to strengthen its Engineering & Constructions team.
You will work in a small company of about 70 people with a flat structure, a unique working atmosphere and a no-nonsense mentality. You will report directly to the Director Engineering & Constructions.
Under the supervision of the Director Engineering & Constructions, the Senior Electrical Manager will be responsible for the “electrical” aspects of our onshore and offshore wind projects in Belgium and abroad, from the design and engineering phase, through the contracting and construction phase, to project delivery and transfer to the operations department.
The Senior Electrical Manager acts as the quality controller in his field of experience during the development and realisation of the project.
He/she will also be consulted for solving “electrical” problems during the operational life cycle of the projects.
Education & experience
- Master Degree “Electromechanical Engineering” or Master Degree “Science”
- Min. 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in an industrial environment
- Additional knowledge of electrical installations (low and high voltage, standards, AREI) is a must
- Expert in Office, Autocad and GIS
- Knowledge of Etap, Digsilent or similar calculation programs are an asset
Main tasks & responsabilities during Development Phase
Assisting the project manager during the development phase of the project, specifically with respect to the electrical aspects of a project “in development”:
- Determining the infield cable route between the wind turbines and the MS cabin (in the project zone)
- Consultation with the MS-grid operator for obtaining a grid connection within a certain timeframe
- Drafting and developing instrumentation and electrical design criteria and philosophies for a project
- Reviewing electrical calculations in consultation with the grid operator and WTG supplier to ensure they meet
- grid specifications
- Participating in setting up planning & scheduling of required activities and integrating them into overall project planning
Prepare and send out a qualitative competition that allows Elicio to appoint the preferred bidders (EBOP contractors)
Evaluating the submitted bids and selecting the bidders with whom the commercial/financial negotiations can be conducted
Negotiating contracts with an optimal mix of price and quality for the Works, taking into account the Project Schedule
Build and maintain an excellent knowledge of the market, trends and developments that may affect the Project
Establish and maintain long-term working relationships or partnerships between the Project and selected suppliers/contractors/consultants to ensure capacity, quality, cost and continuity over the long term.
Main tasks & responsabilities during Construction phase
Ensuring that the supplier is fully aware of and complies with all conditions, limitations, requirements and restrictions of the project approvals, permits, licenses and approvals.
Reviewing and accepting the Contractor’s construction design, drawings, specifications, project plan, method statements, risk assessments, quality plan and other project documentation after award of the contract.
Directing, coordinating and supervising the electrical contractors and engineering firms during the construction phase Coordinating the electrical works (both with the EBOP contractor and the grid operator) and managing all related studies and budgets
Participating in project meetings involving progress planning & scheduling of required activities and integrating into the overall project schedule
- Tracking and approving completion certificates and documentation related to contractual milestones for payment and scheduling.
- Following up on potential cost overruns or deviations
Conducting regular progress meetings with the supplier, during fabrication, construction preparation, assembly and project execution
Providing regular progress report on project status and budget
Reviewing documentation from instrumentation and electrical suppliers/installers, as well as approving completion certificates and documentation.
Finally, he/she is also consulted for the solution of “electrical” problems during the operational life cycle of the projects.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, “down to earth” environment;
- Diligent, proactive and solution-oriented attitude;
- Highly accurate and organized, yet flexible;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Stress resistant (in the context of deadlines);
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects and successfully prioritize tasks within a project team;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timelines on a number of potentially simultaneous projects
- Willingness to continually develop professional skills and maintain up-to-date knowledge of electrical matters;
- Able to manage contractors and subcontractors, including commercial and technical aspects, planning and coordination of activities.
- Experience in identifying, managing and mitigating risks.
- Understanding of and experience with HSE requirements and obligations under country regulations.
- Languages: native Dutch, fluent in English, fluent in French, knowledge of Spanish is a plus
Elicio nv offers you a dynamic and professional environment which encourages individual initiative. We provide a permanent contract with competitive compensation and a wide range of extralegal benefits.
You will be working in a young inspiring team offering a unique working atmosphere. Convince us of your experience and motivation by sending a letter of application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.